I spent some time tonight working on my plan of attack.
I’m still waiting for the cherry to acclimate to my shop. So, I decided to take the opportunity to mark out the project parts. I spent more than a couple hours tonight on this step in the project.
I payed close attention to two things. First, I worked to create the least amount of waste. Second, I focused on grain direction. Trying to do both of these at the same time is the challenge. It’s totally worth the challenge. If you are to wasteful, you’re out more lumber and greenbacks than you should be. If you ignore grain direction, the end product won’t look right. It’s the difference between nice furniture and beautiful furniture.
After a long night, I returned the cherry the bench to resume acclimation.